It’s my birthday today! Must check all the “today’s birthday” horoscopes!!!
I had a fabulous little gathering last night to do some shredding on the new Rock Band my brother got me and it was SO FUN! Except for the throbbing headache from blended Pina Coladas I have right now, it had to be the funnest party I’ve had in a long time. My boyfriend ordered a taco cart to cook up tacos on the patio, and at one point we had 4 player Mario Kart AND a full Rock Band going on in the house. Excellent party!! Must do it again, sans the rum hangover
I woke up to a slew of excellent news. First, the Dr. Horrible Official Site is up and running! I know for a fact that Jed and Maurissa (writers on Horrible) made that site happen through sheer willpower and extraordinary skill, so kudos to them. I’ll be calling for a Guild site revamp you guys. Also, Joss Whedon himself posted a sort of “Horrible Manifesto” on Whedonesque outlining the plan for release, some smart “stick it to the man” verbiage, and appeals to fans. Take a look and, if you want to help this independent effort, please do a few things that I will list here. It won’t take long, but will help get the word out about the show!
1) Sign up for the mailing list on the Dr. Horrible site to be the first to know when cool stuff happens.
2) Join the MySpace, Facebook and Twitter that are so nicely linked on the official site as well.
3) There’s a “Add Dr. Horrible to your site” link that leads to beautiful buttons and banners. Take these banners and embed them on your website, in your forum sigs, in your email blasts, anywhere the code will go! There’s not a lot of time to raise awareness for the show, so anything you can do to promote that would be fantastic!
4) Think about any social networks you use, and link the official site to them! Digg, Mixx, Stumble It, every link in is a help!
5) Finally, think to yourself, “I know a press person or a blogger I can link the trailer and the site to, I’m gonna shoot off an email telling them about Dr. Horrible and Joss’ plan for it!” There’s no fancy PR person on this project, just thousands of fans. Hmm, who has more power? I wonder…
Finally…Diablo 3 was announced today. Gameplay Video=spazzing out with joy. OMG, what a fantastic birthday present! Thank you internetz!